Sunday, November 3, 2013

I Made It!

I´m here in Mexico City!! All safe and sound. Mexico City is the coolest place I have ever seen!! Flying into the airport here was one of the best parts of my day, it was so cool to see the city from the air. Everything is so colorful and traffic was insane!  But then you get into the CCM and it is completely different. They keep the ground here looking like the grounds of a temple. 

There were about twenty missionaries on my flight to Dallas and about thirty of us by the time we got Mexico City. About ten of us are going to SPSE!! It is so amazing! It was so cool to be in a big group of missionaries. People would ask us who we were and when we explained that we were missionaries they would tell us good luck and what not. It happened more in Dallas than it did in Salt Lake. It just reminded me how easy it is to share the gospel. Just by being at the airport we helped expose people to the Church. 

Navigating the aitport here was crazy. It is huge, but we managed.  It got a lot more difficult once I got all my luggage. It takes a lot of organization to get that many missionaries out to the buses. 

My companion is Hermana Turner. She is absolutely adorable. She is from Orem and she just graduated high school. She'll be going to Honduras with me. :) 

I am so excite to be here! I've been waiting for this day for so long that it feels weird for it to actually be happening. It has already been such an amazing experience and it has only been ten hours. 

I love you all! I'll write more when pday.  Which I think will be thursday. 

I am so excitecd to be here and have the opportunity to share the gospel. I know that this gospel is true and that this is where I need to be.

Love, 

Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment