Monday, March 31, 2014

This week was pretty boring. And I don´t just mean that nothing exciting happened, I mean that I was super bored all week. We had a bunch of appointments that just weren´t home when we showed up and our contacting wasn´t as fruitful as it normally is. It was one of those weeks where we spent all day walking around in the hot sun not really getting to teach very much. But we all have those weeks though, right?

Luckily, though, we had some appointments on Saturday that made it all worth it. Marbel had tons of questions and was super receptive. AND she and her husband are already married, so that takes away half the battle of trying to get people baptized. We have another appointment with her this week and I am super excited about it. 

We also had a really great lesson with la familia Martinez! We taught the plan of salvation and I think it really made sense to them. Unfortunately, though, Louis kept asking to see sctiptures from the Bible so when we try to teach him the Restoration this week it might be a bit more difficult.

I have eaten 116 baleadas.

I have a love hate relationship with the shower. I dread showering everyday, because sometimes the water is so cold my head starts to hurt while I rinse the shampoo. But I also really love my shower because everyday I come home and I am so covered in dirt it´s like I just finished the pioneer treck.

Shout out to my sister Cory who turns 28 today. Feliz Cumpleaños! Ya queremos pastel!

Things I´ve Almost Stepped on This Week:
1. A snake slithering across the road
2. A dead mouse sitting in the road
3. A passedout drunk guy sleeping in the road.
4. The passedout drunk guy´s passed out drunk friend sleeping in the road

Mom´s here don´t pack there kids into the minivan to go to the store. I once saw Hermana Vega riding home on her motorcycle with her three kids on there too. I don´t know how they do it.

By the way, the temple on the cover of the Liahona for March is the Tegucigalpa Temple. Sí hombre-e!

I hope you all have an awesome week!!

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment