Monday, May 5, 2014

Feliz Navidad! or Soy Come Jamo!‏

On the 30 of Abril I hit my six month mark. It's not weird to think that I've already been out six months, what is weird is that I'm going home in less than a year!!! I've done all the matematicas and transfers next Abril will be on the 29 which means I'll go home the 30. Exactly a year and a half! What are the chances of that!


Feliz Navidad a todos!! My christmas package got lost in the mail so my mom sent more and I got one of them this week!!

We had entrivistas with Presidente Klein on friday. That's always super exciting.  We just talked about how I'm adjusting to my new area and how excited I am to be in such a small branch and he said these exact words to me, "You're going to be a branch expcert!!" What does that mean?? Am I going to be in branches for the rest of my mission? Being in branches isn't a problem but that usually means being in smaller towns that don't have water and things like that. ha ha Vamos a ver. Good thing I don't have to worry about getting transfered for a while.


Presidente Klein also told me that we are getting a senior couple in the mission!! They aren't coming till July, but they're coming to Tela. I hope I stay here long enough that I'll get to work with them. Right now our mission has 0 senior couples in it. I always here good things from RMs who got to work with senior couples so I'm super excited about it. 


Funniest story of my week: We were teaching a recent convert named Fausto. He is 85 and hilarious. He mentioned that he has 11 kids, so naturally I said, Wow! That's a lot of kids. He then said, "Well back then we didn't have television or anything like that so we just went to bed early... that's why I have 11 children." Then he laughed super hard. We always laugh when we visit Fausto.


Our branch president's phone has that thing where when we call him we hear a song on our end while the phone is ringing on his end. That techno one that goes pow pow Americano, so naturally I jam out for a minute while the phone is ringing then he answers and all of a sudden I have to act a misionera again.


My Christmas package had new english scriptures in it. I was reading 1 Nefi 4 this morning and I realized something. In my old scriptures I have written at the top of that page, ''It's not a story about a journey, it's a story about faith." -Brother Slaughter  But I realized that that stroy is 100% about revelation. Everything Nephi did he did because the Spirit prompted him to. He needed to trust in revelation he had received, but that's faith, right? Turst. If you don't believe in revelation then you can't believe that this gospel is true. 


Shout out to Cassidy Lloyd who made my whole day by sending me the greatest sentence I've ever read in an email. "You just gotta free climb it."
And Shout out to Sierra who is going bowling on her pday. I told you bowling is awesome!


Well, that's all for now folks. Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

P.S. Baleadas eaten to date: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment