Monday, May 19, 2014

Hay demasiado a decir!‏

You know how when I hear some thing super exciting and awesome I start punchinig the air and flaling my arms like crazy person? There's been a lot of that going on in this week.

So, remember Edgardo y Ramon? The two punk kids in Olanchito who were going to get baptized in April but then never did? Well, just a few minutes ago I read an email from Hermana Zamora (my companion from back in Olanchito) and she told me that they both got baptized this saturday!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THEM I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!! I love those kids! And she says they are going to seminary everyday. I'm so proud of them.

Angel and Zulma are getting baptized this friday! I am so happy to see how excited they are about the gospel. Also, we have plans for la familia Sosa to be baptized this friday, but Hermano Walter might have to go out town for work. We are praying his trip gets canceled. Tengo fe.
The Elders also have two baptisms so that means the ward will have SEVEN baptisms this week. Presidente Klein is coming and everything. It's a pretty big deal.

Hermana Klein has a blog called themissionpresidentswife.blogspot.com and she has post on there where she copy and pasted a bunch stuff from the blogs of the missionaries in our mission. She talked about how some of them are super funny and some of them are spiritual and you can see miracles. I read them and realized that there were a bunch of spiritual quotes and only two funny ones... and both of the funny ones were mine. Si hombre!! I made her blog twice because I'm hilarious.

I have a lot of these air punching moments during emailing, like when I found out katie Kershaw got engaged! Or when Sierra Tracey says something super hilarious. Every week Sierra says something funny to me and I start laughing and everyone asks Que paso? but I can't explain it because it won't be funny to anyone else. "You're supposed to say hola!!" It's awkward.

Sometimes we plan when we are going to visit specific investigadores based on the fact that we know that they always give us food so we should go at 3:00 not right before dinner. 

We gave a family a Libro de Mormon and we were going to leave them Enos to read. Hermana Alfaro was taking forever to find Enos and I was thinking, "Why is she taking so long? Doesn't she know where Enos is?" So I took the Libro de Mormon to find it but... it went straight from Jacob to Mosiah... It was missing about 30 pages! ha ha Problems in the BYU printing department.

When invited Hermana Vicky the relief society president to come with us to teach la familia Sosa and it was amazing!! She bore her testimony about Joseph Smith. She was also super straight forward with Walter. She talked about how she married a Catholic guy and he doesn't have the priesthood and how she knows her children are missing out on the blessings of having a priesthood holder in their home. She told Walter that he has the opportunity right now to be baptized and to provide the blessings of the priesthood to his wife and daughters. I almost cried. The spirit was so strong. 
When we got home that night I couldn't stop thinking about how grateful I am that I was raised in a home with a worthy priesthood holder and how blessed I am to have such a great dad. And how  Vicky re enforced my determination to marry a worthy priesthood holder some day.  

My mom sent me Jelly Beans and I realized that a pack of Jelly beans is terrifying! I don't know if I'm about to eat a mango flavored one or a popcorn flavored one. Unfortunately, I accidentally left the bag open on my desk over night and woke up to a bunch of ants in my Jelly beans... oh well. They were good while they lasted. 

Sometimes I worry I'm the third missionary.

I saw a Honduran man cook this week. Pedro Pablo made us scrambled eggs and beans. I've never seen a Honduran man cook before. 

I saw a crab climbing a tree yesterday... It was weird. 

We won Zona Celestial last month, so our zone got a pday on the beach with Presidente y Hermana Klein today. It was super awesome. Hermana Saylin and I fulfilled our dream of playing volleyball on the beach on pday. It started pouring rain half way through the day, but I enjoyed the rain. 

I just spilled a bunch of nacho cheese all over this key board in the church... oops...

Well, that's all for this week folks. Sorry to all my missionary friends who don't have time to read my super long emails.

Love you all! Pray Walter's trip gets cancelled por favor.

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment