Monday, February 9, 2015

408,409, & 410

Guess what happened this week!!! We were helping the elders sell pastelitos to raise money so their investigators can get married but we ran out of chicken so we made baleadas and the  member was all "hey do you guys want baleadas for breakfast?" I was all "yeah!" but then I shouted that I didn´t have my camera because I realized that I was about to eat baleadas number 408, 409 and 410!!!!! I did it! I did it!  Idid it! I did it! My goal was 409 and I did it! Woo hoo!!

This week was changes. andddddddd I´M A GRANDMA!! Hermana Andújar is training over in Tela so I have a granddaughter now. beh. I´m so proud. Andddddd Hermana Diaz is in OLANCHITO! Now both of my daughters are in my old areas. haha I told her our whole time together that someday she would serve in Olanchito and now she is there visiting Edgardo and Monchito and eating free food from Presdente Gomez´s pulperia.

Friday we went to Leadership council in La Lima. It was good like always. We were planning on traveling home with the elders but we didn´t realize they had already left. I called them to see where they were and they said they were in Maheco. MAEHCO!! That´s in San Pedro, the opposite direction. They went there because it is easier to find a bus in San Pedro. They said jump on a rapidito and come to maheco and we´ll wait for you guys here. I then reminded the elder that they had to be where we could easily find them because we didn´t have a cell phone (that´s another story). We hopped on a bus and when we got to maheco... we couldn´t find the elders. I didn´t know that maheco isn´t just a bus terminal, it´s a huge market that covers about eight blocks. We were two sisters ALONE in Maheco without a phone. I didn´t feel safe walking the streets of Han Pedro looking for the elders so we hopped on the first rapidito we saw and took it straight to the terminal  We got on the bus and the Elders from Tocoa were there. They asked us, "weren´t you guys meeting the elders from Ceiba in maheco?" I then asked him if he could call them and tell them we were on the bus to Ceiba. The poor elders had been waiting in Maheco for about an hour, but it´s their own fault bacuae they weren´t where we could find them.

It´s very common here to see pictures of Christ on a bus. On this bus to Ceiba i not only saw a picture of Christ, I saw the picture from page 6 and Evangelio de Jesucrist pamphlet!!!! It was taped to the wall. I´m happy he had it but sad that the guy ripped up a pamphlet to put it there.

Preidente Klein told us that he got an email from the 70 saying we are going to have a multi-mission confernce with San Pedro Sula West. He asked if Olanchito and Tocoa can come (because we didn´t get to go Elder Soares came) and the answer was "Yes, when an apostle comes everyone can come." Yes, that´s right, an apostle of the Lord is coming talk to us in han Pedro!! I´m so excited I want to cry! WOOO

Hna Zamora taught me a phrase they use in Costa Rica and I really like it. When you see someone who is a little prideful and they think they´re all that. Instead of, they think they´re "all that" you can say "They think they´re the last coke in the desert." ha ha Spread the word. And keep spreading turning the pig.

That´s all for this week. Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment