Monday, January 5, 2015

CHANGE YOUR LIFE

This week we are teaching a girl about how babies can´t be baptized because they don´t have sins and she looked at me and said, "Christ didn´t have pecados but he got baptized." Hna Zamora and I were both stunned. In my whole mission no one has ever brought up that point. But the differnce is that Christ had the ability to sin, a baby doesn´t.

WE did divisions twice this week. Once I went with Hna Turner it was super fun, but we should never be companions because we spent way too much chit chatting. haha

The second divisons were in OLANCHITO!!! Go ahead Hermana Holdaway, be jealous. ha ha It was wierd to go back there after eight months and yet not at all. It felt totally normal. I got to see Monchito and Edgardo. They are still both strong converts. Remember that little girl in march who said she prayed about it and God said she shouldn´t get baptized. She got baptized over the summer. I got to see a couple of members and it was really great. The Hermanas there are both super pilas.

While I was in Olanchito with Hna Morales (who is a missionary that I had only met once before) said to me, "I hear there is a sister who likes to dance in the street. You wouldn´t know who that is?" I have a reputation in the whole mission now. I may be a missionary but when I here that evangelical music with good beat I have to dance.

All of my companions can tesitfy to the fact that I NEVER remember that I am fasting. I start my fast and then someone offers us food or I eat breakfast in the morning and accidentally break my fast. So this saturday when I start my fast (latins fast dinner satruday and breakfast sunday, then they eat lunch. It´s better this way) I specifically prayed really hard that God would help me remember that I am fasting and I remembered the WHOLE TIME! I didn´t eat once. It was a small reminder that my Heavenly Father loves me and the He gives me exactly what I need when I need it. No more, no less.

On Tuesday we had district meeting like normal, but I was so confused. Elder Hansgen got up there and asked what we think CHrist did for fun? Then he started to tell us that our lessons need to be more fun because we are all broing teachers. Esta bien. I thought he would then proceed to give us some better teachign skills, but htat didn´t happen. He said we need to change. So I raised my hand and asked him what exactly it was he wanted us to do and he didn´t really have an answer. At one point he was all just have the spirit more. Then ELder Larson raised his hand and basically said "have a stronger testimony." At one point the DL was all, "I don´t even care about this district. I just want to you guys to make it to the Celestial Kingdom." I spent the whole day confused. That night Hna Turner and I were planning what we were going to study the next day and we dicdied to study "how to change our lives," and when we prayed I asked Heavenly Father to help know how we can get better and Turner almost laughed in the middle of the prayer. So we called the DL to tell him that we wre still confused and we had no idea what he was trying to say in the meeting. I felt really bad because I could feel the emotion he felt. I felt excited to change but I didn´t know how. He basically just told to get some personal revelation and make some new years goals. "Dicember 30, 2014 Distrito Miramar. That´s that day I changed my life" - my DL So we are changing our lives this week.

Also we went to Tela today and it rocked like normal.

The Church is true. Have a great week.

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment