Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I volunteer as Tribute

Shout out to Hollie Odekirk who turns 24 (I think it´s 24) on Saturday!! Love you!

Every year my mom asks me what knid of cake I want for my birthday and I never remember that I like Pineapple upsidedown cake. Also, I´ve found out that I like tres leches. So, when my birthday 2015 rolls around let us all keep this in mind.

Currently the city of Trujio doesn´t have any sister missionaries in it because it is dangerous, but today our zone went there to go hang out at the beach and if Presidente Klein ever opens it to sisters then I volunteer as tribute. Me encanta Trujio. It is so beautiful. It was three hour bus ride there. It was so great to able to get to know more of Honduras. We couldn´t go swimming or anything but we stuck our feet in the water, played volleyball, collected sea shells and such. Seeing the ocean is simple thing, but it is so calming and rejuvinating and wonderful. It was really great day!! (Forgive me if I spelled rejuvinating incorrectly. I don´t know how to spell it and this spanish software has little red squiggles under all of my words)

I know I´m late, but it´s new years. I remember thinking two years ago that 2012 was going to be this amazing year full of change and firsts in my life. And it was! I graduated and moved to college. It was amazing but 2013 was even better!! I learned more about myself, my goals, my relationship with my Heavenly Father, and how to use the Atonement than I ever expected. This year was full of firsts and so many things that have changed who I am. There were a lot of unexpected difficutlies in my life this year, but I know that I came out of them a better person. I know I´m not the same person I was a year ago. 

A year ago I wasn´t expecting to be in Honduras in a year but here I am!! I´ve learned so much about the way we interact with people and how we need to christlike love in the simple ways we interct with people. It isn´t always about doing tons of charity work or giving to the poor. Sometimes it is just about having a smile on your face, or showing interest in what someone is telling you. I hope that 2014 will bring even more change. I hope to change the lives of people in Honduras. I hope all of you have good changes in your lives. And I hope that I change so that I can go home a better person than I came. I can´t wait for the adventures that 2014 has in store for me.

On Thursday I went on splits with Hermana Hill, my lider entrenadora. It was an amazing day. I learned a lot of things that Hermana Calpa and I aren´t doing correctly and I also learned things that we are doing well. It´s hard to know if Hermana Calpa and I are doing a good job when I have nothing to compare it to. It´s also hard to work together in unison when I don´t speak spanish. We had a little tension of tension of Friday night over how we should be setting our daily goals, but it has gotten better. Hopefully the change will help our work improve. 

Also, we met these kids on the street who were walking around with a gecko... on a leash. It was awesome. I touched it. I know I´m hardcore.

Love you all. I hope you can all can make some wonderful changes this year and keep Christ in your mind as you do it. Take action. Make something happen. ... "I love you. Jesus loves you. Let´s change lives today." Seriously though, do something great.

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment