Wednesday, January 1, 2014

La Navidad, Sickness, and a Burger

Well, guys, it has been quite a week. I had a bit of melt down last monday, sorry about that. I´m a lot better now, I just needed a moment. It has so great to know that I have so many people supporting me. 

Tuesday was Christmas Eve. I finished The Book of Mormon for the sixth time. I´m pretty excited about it. It was so great to be able to talk to my family that day. That night Elder Kessler, Elder Reyes,  Hermana Calpa, and I did a little Chirstmas carroling to some of our members and investigators. It was super fun and a reminder of how quickly singing a hymn can bring the Spirit. 

On Christmas I ate: a bunch of crackers, a chicken sandwich, three pieces of cake and a tomale. Then we went to lunch where I ate rice and beans like always, and another tomale. Then I ate another piece of cake another tomale, another tomale, some sort of snack thing, and another piece of cake. And about of six cups of soda through out the day. Needless to say I was sick on Thursday.

Have you ever seen a chicken climb a twenty foot tree? I hadn´t until thursday and it was pretty awesome.

On Saturday morning we took an hour and a half bus ride over to Tacoa for a devotional for our zone with Presidente Klein. It was nice to see Tacoa and all the other missionaries in my zone. Presidente Klein gave a great devotional about 3 Nefi. We need to strengthen our stakes which means strengthening our people, the individuals.

After the devotional Presidente Klein took the four hermanas out to lunch at the Wndey´s in Tacoa (we don´t have anything that fancy out in Olanchito) and it was the most beautiful thing I´ve ever eaten. presidente knew exactly what Hermana Holdaway and I needed for a pick me up.It was absolutely amazing!!

On Thursday I got pretty sick and didn´t stop until Sunday. More unmentionable things happened in the bathroom. I was struggling. On Saturday night I asked my zone leaders to give me a blessing and then on Sunday morning I felt way better. The Preisthood is real guys. 

We are teaching this guy named Dany and his mother is the sweetest lady! She is a christian woman and loves to sing hymns with us. On Saturday we happened to metion that I was sick and walked down to the pulperia to get me some alcacetzer. And when it was time for the closing prayer she reminded her husband to pray for me. It felt so great to be so love by a woman I barely know. It is the kind Christlike love that we all need in our lives.

Also, on Saturday night Hermana Holdaway and Hermana Alejandro got mugged near our chapple. It´s pretty scary. Just another reason I am trying to be an obedient missionary.

la familia Soto came to Sacrament meeting yesterday!! He is a less active member and she isn´t a member. They are the cutest family, I was so excited when I saw them walk in. Also, on the boys we baptized last week, Carlos Gutierrez, passed the Sacrament! I was so proud of him.

I just realized that sometimes I forget I have a first name. ha ha Oh the life of a missionary.

Also, Sister Tracey put this in her last email: Shout out to Sister Stark who is the coolest person ever! She is wonderful and I may or may not have forgotten to put her on the emailing list...my bad..
I want everyone, including Kate Stark to know that she is not on this email list because she can go look at my blog anytime she wants, just like evveryone else. I didn´t want to accidentally have to fear the rath of Kate Stark.

Thanks for all the love and support. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Sing the national anthem for me. ;) God loves you.

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment