Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One good thing about Honduras is that you never have worry about finding a trash can, you can just throw your trash on the ground. There are piles of trash everywhere!

We had four baptisms this week! The Gutierrez kids were baptized. It was great to see how happy they all were. It was interesting to see how different it was than a baptism in Utah. None of the kids white clothes fit them and the water in the font was full of dead bugs. The Spirit was there and that`s the important part, right? 

This week has been kind of rough for me. I miss America. I miss feeling clean. I miss having control over what I eat. I miss warm showers. Most of all I miss having a desk that doesn`t have ants crawling all over it. I still son`t feel like I`m contributing to the work and I cant even tell my companion about concerns because I dont speak spanish. This is one of those moments where I wish I was serving stateside. Oh well, missions aren`t supposed to be easy, right?

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Love you.

Love, Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment