Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Week

Another week has come and gone and nothing really awesome happened, except we went to see a water fall this morning and it rocked. We took the bus an hour to Morazan and from their a member took us in his giant van to the falls. We climbed on the rocks and took pictures and ate snacks. Hermana Turner and I climbed to the top of the falls and while we were crossing the river I fell, so my jeans got wet. Que chasta, I know. But it was a good morning. 

When we were on the bus they had the raido on and I heard a song I had never heard before. It was all "When I met you in the summer, yada yada yada." I really liked it and I am adding it to my list of things to look up when I get home.

So... all you guys are sending me things about Halloween and until ten minutes ago I totally forgot that Halloween was a thing. 

My life plan has always been to have four children. The other day we went to visit Familia Campos and I commented to hna Andujar that no matter when we go Hermana Geraldina is always doing laundry (which she washes by hand like most of the people here including myself). Then we started helping do the dishes and washing all the baby bottles and I said to Andujar, "maybe I only want two kids." ha ha But then a few days later we were with this family that has six kids and the last three are really close together in age and they are best friends and it is cutest thing in the whole world. We were walking away from the house and I said "they´re so cute! I want six kids!" Andujar then replied, "I think I need to take you back to the house of Familia Campos and show you the baby bottles again." ha ha It was super fuuny. Good thing there is plenty of time before I´ll be making that decision.

Conference was this week end and it was wonderful like always. I don´t have my notes so here is what I remember.
   1. I loved Elder Christofferson´s talk about repentance and mercy vs. justice. I just thought, this is sociology, this is what I´m studying when I get home. 
   2. I also loved Bednar. He is my favorite. At one point he said, "Absolute truth exists." and all I thought was, "In a world where absolute truth exists but cannot be known one must live by reason and faith." -Delose Conner. Yep, I was a Layton Lancer
   3. It was super awesome when they gave their talks in spanish. We switched the channel to watch it in spanish during those ones. 
   4. Clearly I need to take the sacrament more seriously.

Hermana Andujar had a note from a guy in her ward back home who used to be a preacher. It said Remember what Paul said to timothy, "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Then we both looked at each other, whaaaaaa? That scripture is Joshua 1:9 Paul didn´t say that. Awkward.

Have a great week!! Eat something  delicious tomorrow, that always perks up my day.

Love,
Hermana Odekirk

Baleadas: 268


No comments:

Post a Comment