Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Surprises at Transfer Meeting‏

Se fue! Mi hija puertorriqueña se fue. We got the call on monday and Hermana Andújar had transfers. I thought for sure she would be here in Santa Rita until february. The awesome part is she got transfered to Tela!!!! Whaaaaaa!! I know she is with my old companion Hermana Cuc and she is going to be teaching Familia Sosa and Horus and all my people in Tela. I am so excited for her but I miss her tons. I think I laughed with her more than any of my other companions.
We got to transfer meeting and my old companion Hermana Zamora was all, "Hermana Odekirk! That´s so great that you´re going to train again." I told her that I wasn´t going to train because normally they tell you that like a week in advance so you can go to the trainers meeting and no one ever called me about that. Zamora then explained to me that she meet all the new sisters yesterday and one of them was going to Santa Rita 2. I said "well, I guess I´m training again because I¨m in Santa RIta "
My new hija is Hermana Diaz. She is from Guatemala City. "El Capital" She is 24, and she joined the church about ten years ago. She is super sweet.
Something else I´ve been thinking about a lot lately: Yoro, Yoro, Honduras is a city in the middle of the Department Yoro that has never ever had missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in it. Ever There is no branch, nothing. President Klein told us all a few months ago that he wants to open Yoro. In order to do that we have to find refernces from Yoro of people who would like to hear the gospel and hopfully find a family of memebers there, so we can have sacrament meeting in their house until the church can find a house or building to rent. Yoro still isn´t open but I pray all the time that it can open soon. If you look at a map you will notice that you have to pass through Santa Rita to get to Yoro, so I meet people all the time who tell me they used to live in Yoro. I want to open Yoro so badly it´s killing me!!!!! Can you even imagine how amazing it would be to open the area and go to church with only like ten or fifteen people in it??? My old DL wants to open Yoro too. He is so crazy that yesterday he took picture in front of the white board at the church where he wrote "16 months" (because he has 16 months in the mish) and then under it he wrote #yoro2015. There it is folks. Pray for it: yoro2015.
Nos vemos. Love you!!!
Love,
Hermana Odekirk

No comments:

Post a Comment